Monday, January 28, 2008

Carry a Big Purse

If you are a woman and you are a bibliophile, this is a necessity. God forbid you should get to one of those appointments (you know the ones) where you have to wait an ungodly amount of time to be seen for whatever it is you are being seen for. Now, if you follow this advice, the wait is not a problem at all. In fact, it could be quite pleasurable.

Carry a big purse.

Because you are carrying a big purse, you have room for your favorite novel. You can sit up a bit straighter and display a sly smirk as you gaze around the room looking posh with your New York Times Bestseller. Ah, the satisfaction of seeing envy in the eyes of those who must also endure your seemingly eternal wait.

Posh.

You take one last look around the room before delving into your novel. Baby purses.

"Next time," you think, "Bring a bigger purse."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bea,

After reading your comments on "carry a big purse", you have inspired me to do just that. Many a time have I wished I was carrying a bigger purse, just so I could put more stuff, including the book I was reading, into my medium sized purse. A big purse really comes in handy when you go to the movies, etc.
The last big purse I had was a diaper bag and not a very fashionable one. You know, the kind with baby animals and pink and blue rattles spalashed in the background.
So, I decided to shop for a big purse and went to Kohls. Big purses are really "IN!", and they were on sale!

Thanks for your wonderful suggestion to carry a big purse.